International Webinar: Rebuilding Cities Post Covid-19
Jakarta, 24 October 2020
Covid-19 has changed the landscape of human interaction thus urban development. Health conciousness, social and physical distancing form a new pattern of city development. New culture of cities have emerged. Cities have to adjust and regenerate in order to cope with the new culture.
This webinar aims to discuss and examine the future of cities post Covid-19 and recommend directions of how people, government, non-government organizations and private sector should work together in creating the new landscape of cities. The webinar will address three main questions:
1) How have cities developed during the pandemic and what lessons can be learnt from them?
2) How should the concept of urban regeneration be applied in the context of post-covid19?
3) How is the transport system during pandemic and what is the role of transport in urban regeneration post-Covid19?.
The webinar will be inviting resource persons who are experts in their respective fields as well as 3 Keynote Speakers.
Topic 1: Urban Regeneration Post Covid-19
1) Anies Baswedan, Governor of Jakarta
2) Bambang Susantono, Vice President ADB
1) Amin Subekti, Chief of TGUPP
2) Hideaki Iwasaki, ADB’s Country Director for Thailand
3) Kelly Bird, ADB’s Country Director for The Philippines
4) Dasha Spasojevic, Monash Art Design Architecture, Australia
Topic 2: Urban Transport System Post-Covid19
1) Budi Karya Sumadi, Minister of Transportation
1) William Sabandar, President Director of MRT Jakarta
2) Faela Sufa, South East Asia Director of ITDP
3) Airin Rachmi Diany, Mayor of South Tangerang (in confirmation)
4) Director of Gojek